Dedicated to the higher educational needs of adults with Down syndrome.
Rockin’ Recipients / View All »
- Luke Drumright – Saginaw Valley State University (Maudie’s Scholarship Award) Liz Plachta
- Madison Essig – George Mason University LIFE Program (Laura Lee Scholarship Award) Liz Plachta
- Clayton Rhodes – University of Nevada Las Vegas FOCUS Program (Wil Can Fly Scholarship Award) Liz Plachta
- Meredith Cripe – George Mason University LIFE Program (Lovrin Baxter Scholarship Award) Liz Plachta
- Justin Isaac – University of Central Florida (Warriors for Walt Scholarship Award) Liz Plachta
- Adam DeBacker: Ozarks Technical Community College (Arehart Family Scholarship Award) Liz Plachta
- Caryn Croll – Raritan Valley Community College (Sully Drake Family and Friends Scholarship Award) Liz Plachta
- Dylan Kuehl – The Evergreen State College (Greg Cummings Scholarship Award) Liz Plachta
- William Rice – University of North Florida (LPV Scholarship Award) Liz Plachta
- Lindy Linville – Green Oaks GOAL Program (PCSI Scholarship Award) Liz Plachta
- Benton Gibbens – Mississippi State University ACCESS (Warriors for Walt Scholarship Award) Liz Plachta
- Emma Bennett – University of Tennessee FUTURE Program Liz Plachta
- Ronald Nagel – East Stroudsburg University CILLS Program Liz Plachta
- Tessa Egan – Cape Cod Community College/Riverview GROW Program Liz Plachta
- Patrick Chapman – University of Central Missouri THRIVE Liz Plachta
- Sean Cleverdon – Clemson University Tiger LIFE Program Liz Plachta
Thanks to the amazing Karen Waldrup for sharing her inspiring song “Faith In Me” with Ruby’s Rainbow and for believing and “Having Faith” in people with Down syndrome! Please take moment to watch this touching video and see just how wonderful and capable they are!! To hear more from Karen you can go HERE!!
Take the 3/21 Pledge!
March 21 (or 3/21, which stands for three copies of the 21st chromosome) is World Down Syndrome Day! Each year on this day, we celebrate the lives of individuals with Down syndrome and the wonderful joy, insight and inspiration they bring into our lives and to this world. Help us celebrate by taking the 3/21 Pledge!
Check out our 2015 Rockin’ Recipients!
- Shane Roussi – Ohio State University (Greg Cummings Scholarship Award) Ross Clurman
- Annemarie Carrigan – University of Central Missouri Ross Clurman
- Scott Conklin – University of North Carolina Greensboro Ross Clurman
- Taryn Stinson – University of North Carolina at Greensboro Ross Clurman
- Emmanuel Bishop – Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville Ross Clurman
- Alec Shafer – Bethesda College at Concordia University Ross Clurman
About Ruby’s Rainbow
Ruby’s Rainbow was inspired by our own lil’ lady, Ruby. At her birth, we discovered she had an extra special chromosome. Our expectations for her did not change, and we vowed as a family to give her every opportunity we could to learn, grow, flourish and become an important contributor to society and the community.
Our goal and mission at Ruby’s Rainbow is to grant scholarships to adults with Down syndrome who are seeking post-secondary education, enrichment or vocational classes, and help them achieve their dreams of higher education, while spreading awareness of their capabilities and general awesomeness.
Life and learning don’t stop after high school, after all — and we want to help these amazing individuals reach their highest potential.
We love keeping track of our Rockin’ Recipients. We hope their accomplishments will inspire others to go for their dreams!
Our Visit to Western Carolina University
Recently, Liz (of Ruby’s Rainbow) and Kelle Hampton (of Ruby’s Rainbow and Enjoying the Small Things) visited Western Carolina University to meet Rockin’ Recipients Ali Hale and Zach Benton, who are attending the university’s UP Program.
It was amazing to see firsthand what our efforts at Ruby’s Rainbow are helping individuals like Ali and Zach accomplish. Kelle chronicled the experience beautifully on her blog — please check it out here!!
I thought I would get your day st arted with a little burst of inspiration because that’s how we roll over here at RR 🙂 Ronald is one of our newest Rockin’ Recipients and his mom sent me this quick email over the weekend:
“Ronald is excited to be starting his 3rd year in the CILLS program at […]
Hi, my name is Emma. I am in my second year in the FUTURE Program at the University of Tennessee. I am studying Child Development so I can work with kids as a Teacher’s Aide. I am doing an internship at West Hills Primary in kindergarten.This is a picture of me getting ready to meet the parents of all my kids. I have already done […]
Hi, I am Megan Ryan!
I am 22 years old. I live in Columbus, Ohio. I have one big happy family – I have 8 brothers and two sisters and 13 nieces and nephews. People say I am special because I am the youngest in a big family. I am also special because I have Down Syndrome. Life is great. I graduated from St. Catherine […]
We welcomed John Collins to the Board of Directors this fall for many reasons, but one of them was his overall passion and dedication to everything he does. He puts his whole heart into it which is a requirement around here at Ruby’s Rainbow and we love him so! I asked John to do a guest blog post on something he is passionate about: […]
Are you looking for educational opportunities or programs in a college setting for yourself or someone you know who has Down syndrome or an intellectual disability? Check out ThinkCollege.net!