Dedicated to the higher educational needs of adults with Down syndrome.
- Isabelle Ketchum – Elmhurst College ELSA Program (Maudie’s Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T18:25:42+00:00
- Matthew Hessburg – Western Carolina University UP Program (Maudie’s Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-10T12:06:16+00:00
- Marissa Erickson – Inclusion Films Practicle Film and Media Workshop (Curl Family Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-10T11:54:41+00:00
- Jordan Huffman – University of Georgia Athens Destination DAWGS (Zeke Bird Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T18:48:58+00:00
- Michal Adams – Lehigh Carbon Community College SEED Program (Isla Korzon Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T18:34:58+00:00
- Kelly McCown – Virginia Commonwealth University – ACE-IT in College (Lovrin Baxter Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T18:48:31+00:00
- Kirsta Graf – Bethel University (Truman James Pins Memorial Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T18:47:33+00:00
- Laura Owen – Barnabas Prep (Jana Bachus Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T18:39:36+00:00
- Sam Dess – Edgewood College Cutting Edge Program (Greg Cummings Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T18:46:25+00:00
- Jacob Nelson – Shepherds College (Brian Dodd Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T19:23:01+00:00
- Sarah Schafer – University of Kansas TPE Program (Comnio Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-08T22:35:23+00:00
- Shanika Bonipart – Winthrop University (PCSI Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T18:30:16+00:00
- Olivia Murry – Vanderbilt Next Steps (Lucy Givnish Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T18:29:33+00:00
- Mia Barone – Univesity of Colorado Springs (Wil Can Fly Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T19:05:29+00:00
- Adam White – Saginaw Valley State University (BB FI Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T18:52:08+00:00
- Christina Phipps – ACC STEPS Program (ABoR Foundation Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T19:04:46+00:00
- AnnCatherine Heigl – George Mason University (Pride Socks Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T18:51:50+00:00
- Hoang Phan – George Mason University (Laura Lee Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T18:49:16+00:00
- Trenton Brunner – Jefferson Communiyt Technical College Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-07T17:11:55+00:00
- Tianna Habersham – Central New Mexico Community College Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-04T21:27:12+00:00
- Taryn Stinson – University of North Carolina Greensboro Beyond Academics Program Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-07T17:39:26+00:00
- Genevieve Blackowiak – University of North Florida (Mary Margaret Pascal Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T18:50:07+00:00
- Brooke Herbert – University of Louisianna LIFE Program (The Sully Family and Friends Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T18:50:57+00:00
- Brennan Eve – University of Cincinnati TAP (Tek Systems Scholarship Award) Carlos Ferrandis 2017-08-03T18:51:29+00:00
Take the 3/21 Pledge!
March 21 (or 3/21, which stands for three copies of the 21st chromosome) is World Down Syndrome Day! Each year on this day, we celebrate the lives of individuals with Down syndrome and the wonderful joy, insight and inspiration they bring into our lives and to this world. Help us celebrate by taking the 3/21 Pledge!
Click here to become a sponsor of the 3/21 Pledge
“October Awareness Campaign: Ruby and Nella Rock the Future”
Ruby and her friend Nella have been on many adventures, but this past October they took us on a little journey into a world where they were reaching, dreaming and achieving a life without limits. To see more of this journey watch the quick video below! To be inspired by true life stories of accomplishment and view the entire campaign, head on over to our BLOG.
- Caryn Croll – Raritan Valley Community College (Sully Drake Family and Friends Scholarship Award) Liz Plachta 2016-12-03T12:04:42+00:00
- Dylan Kuehl – The Evergreen State College (Greg Cummings Scholarship Award) Liz Plachta 2016-12-03T12:04:42+00:00
- William Rice – University of North Florida (LPV Scholarship Award) Liz Plachta 2016-12-03T12:04:40+00:00
- Lindy Linville – Green Oaks GOAL Program (PCSI Scholarship Award) Liz Plachta 2016-12-03T12:04:41+00:00
- Benton Gibbens – Mississippi State University ACCESS (Warriors for Walt Scholarship Award) Liz Plachta 2016-12-03T12:04:42+00:00
- Emma Bennett – University of Tennessee FUTURE Program Liz Plachta 2016-12-03T12:04:42+00:00
- Ronald Nagel – East Stroudsburg University CILLS Program Liz Plachta 2016-12-03T12:04:40+00:00
- Tessa Egan – Cape Cod Community College/Riverview GROW Program Liz Plachta 2016-12-03T12:04:40+00:00
- Patrick Chapman – University of Central Missouri THRIVE Liz Plachta 2016-12-03T12:04:40+00:00
- Sean Cleverdon – Clemson University Tiger LIFE Program Liz Plachta 2016-12-03T12:04:40+00:00
- Kaydee Lauterwasser – Arcadia University REAL Program Liz Plachta 2016-12-03T12:04:41+00:00
- Ian Zehner – University of Nevada Reno Path to Independence Liz Plachta 2016-12-03T12:04:41+00:00
- Anthony Concepcion – George Mason University LIFE Program Liz Plachta 2016-12-03T12:04:42+00:00
Ruby’s Rainbow was inspired by our own lil’ lady, Ruby. At her birth, we discovered she had an extra special chromosome. Our expectations for her did not change, and we vowed as a family to give her every opportunity we could to learn, grow, flourish and become an important contributor to society and the community.
Our goal and mission at Ruby’s Rainbow is to grant scholarships to adults with Down syndrome who are seeking post-secondary education, enrichment or vocational classes, and help them achieve their dreams of higher education, while spreading awareness of their capabilities and general awesomeness.
Life and learning don’t stop after high school, after all — and we want to help these amazing individuals reach their highest potential.
We love keeping track of our Rockin’ Recipients. We hope their accomplishments will inspire others to go for their dreams!
Caryn is an Special Olympics Athlete, teaches swimming lessons for young kids, works in an elementary school and aspires to be a tutor. She has already made a huge impact by being a literacy teacher at GiGi’s Playhouse and is continuing her education at Raritan Community College so she can learn more ASL (American Sign Language) to be able to teach it to […]
An update from Mark is like a little puff of inspiration each time I open it. You guys, I can’t even tell you what an honor it has been to be a small part on his journey toward following his dreams. He just sent me this email at the beginning of the month:
This is Mark J Hublar, and I just wanted to […]
A beautiful story of Down syndrome and adoption. Meet Heather, Josh. Macy, Truly and August.
Because we adopted our children with Down syndrome, a lot of people will say I chose Down syndrome. But just like every other mama I know who is lucky enough to have a child with Down syndrome, it chose me. True, we […]